A historic and picturesque village, Brunswick mixes New England charm with a thriving arts and entertainment culture. Visitors can explore numerous ethnically-diverse restaurants, distinctive retail shops, Bowdoin College and its museums and beautiful campus, summer musical theater, a year-round Farmers Market, and cultural offerings at the Town’s many theaters, galleries, museums, and festive community events—nearly all in walking distance of the vibrant downtown.
- Maine State Music Theatre
- Bowdoin International Music Festival
- Joshua L. Chamberlain Museum and Pejepscot Historical Society
- Movie theaters at Eveningstar, Frontier, and Regal Cinemas
- Bowdoin College Museum of Art and Peary-MacMillan Arctic Museum
- Spindleworks Arts Center
- Brunswick Naval & Memorial Gardens
- Seasonal Events – Brunswick Downtown Association (BDA), Downtown Events
With four seasons to enjoy, our parks, public spaces and programs boast endless opportunities for residents and visitors to live an active lifestyle offering awide variety of options for people of all ages in diverse settings. Our common spaces range from lush places for play, parks, wooded trails, river access, and a gateway to the beautiful islands of Casco Bay.
- Brunswick-Topsham Land Trust & Brunswick Parks & Recreation – Brunswick Outdoors: Outdoor Recreation and Open Spaces map & brochure
- Androscoggin River Bicycle Path, for walking and biking, recipient of the East Coast Greenway Alliance rail of Merit Award
- Swinging Bridge, originally built in 1892 for workers walking from the Topsham Heights neighborhood to Cabot Mill in Brunswick and was officially added to the National Register of Historic Places January 2004.
- Mere Point Boat Launch, access to northern Casco Bay and the Maine Island Trail
- Historic Town Commons Trails
- Maquoit Bay Conservation Lands
- Cox Pinnacle Trails and Crystal Spring Farm Trails
- Information regarding these sites, parks and recreation programs and more can be found at www.brunswickme.org and www.btlt.org. Brunswick Parks and Recreation received the Sports Illustrated Good Sports Community Award.
Find additional Information at:
Click here to download the downtown Brunswick map.