4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Brunswick , Me 04011
September 11th Downtown Brunswick ArtWalk!
Please join us as we take advantage of Brunswick’s wide sidewalks and open space on Maine Street to space out the artists and event attendees at this low key event to make it more like a series of mini events. The BDA is very concerned about the safety and health of the Brunswick Community and we hope people will feel comfortable coming downtown to check out the artists displays, the variety of shops, and the many outdoor and indoor dining opportunities, all while adopting safe practices. (Maine DECD guidelines for public gatherings can be found by clicking here).
September 11, 4 to 7 PM:
Businesses hosting artists:
The Mix hosts a variety of local artists & Music by Eight Balls
Hatch On Maine features pottery and clay art by artist Albert L’Etoile
FIORE Artisan Olive Oils & Vinegars presents Mary Johansen and her kiln-formed art glass from Studio 200 Glass.
Curtis Memorial Library – Hope and Possibilities Tape Art Mural
Grampa’s Garden – hosting Kay Logan (oils) Liz Star (musician), Jonathan Wold (musician) Bryan LeClair (shell painting) Tree Harmon-Hess (multi-media) and Greg Gallant (photography).
Bayview Gallery is open 11 – 6
MUSIC & Entertainment:
4:00 to 5:15 pm: Guitarist and singer Rich Reichner who infuses his own inventive style into songs that his audiences recognize but haven’t heard in a while. The result is music that is both familiar but refreshingly new. Tontine Mall Parking Lot, 149 Maine Street
4:30 to 7:30 pm: Live Music by Eight Balls at The Mix, 53 Maine Street
5:30 – 6:15 pm: NOAH “KID MAGICIAN” PULSIFER, Tontine Mall Parking Lot, 149 Maine Street
6:15 – 7:00 pm: CELTIC MUSIC by HEATHER MACLEOD, Tontine Mall Parking Lot, 149 Maine Street
POP-UP Artists displayed ON Maine Street :
- Catherine Worthington: Artist: Original painted, pieced and stitched textile art
- Christine Wolf: Stained glass inspired by nature
- Spindleworks Art Center:Art in a variety of mediums available for sale
- Beth Thompson: Handcrafted sterling silver jewelery
- Wayne Sanford: Inside Firewood
- 200 Faces: Portraits by Jeanelle, custom hand-painted pet portraits
- Karl Saila: Fine Maine watercolors and cards
- Christine Detroy: Rescued, recycled, vintage fabric pillows
- ArtVan: Handmade journals and community art
- Debbie Hamilton: Mixed media
- Meta Carlson: Oma’s Pumpkin Patch
- Sidney Santerre: A collection of weird ideas created through pen and paint
- Greg Mason Burns: Post Contemporary Visual Arts
- Bryan LeClair: Painted stones
- Nancy Shaul: Westport Island Pottery
- Brunswick Public Art: The Rivers Voice (Town Mall)
The 2nd Friday Brunswick event will occur from 4 to 7 p.m. on the second Friday of July, August, and September 2020. Event festivities will include an ArtWalk with over 15 artist displays outside on the sidewalks and in several downtown retail shops.
Artists interested in participating in 2nd Friday Brunswick should email email@example.com or call 207-729-4439.
2nd Friday Brunswick schedule of activities, map, artist’s openings, and venues will be published in The Cryer newspaper each month. On-street parking and municipal public parking lots are free.
The August 2nd Friday Brunswick is generously sponsored by:
We cannot display this gallery” order_by=”sortorder” order_direction=”ASC” returns=”included” maximum_entity_count=”500″]