Primarily responsible for:
- Membership Recruitment, Retention & Database Maintenance
- Maintain web-based membership database
- Attend monthly Membership committee meetings
- Produce & distribute “New Member” information packets
- Assist with membership recruitment through personal outreach, referral follow-up
- Develop membership appreciation program
- Assist the Executive Director and the Business Enhancement Committee on the collection of workplace inventory data
- Event Planning
- Assist in the creation and promotion of new and existing events serving as the principle organizer and liaison with vendors, volunteers, BDA staff, Town of Brunswick
- Participate on the Events Committee providing assistance with event logistics
- Provide periodic progress reports and budget updates to Executive Committee and BDA board for each event
- Establish and maintain records for each event
- Assist the Marketing Committee and the Marketing & Communications Coordinator on the development of promotional materials for events and general BDA promotions.
- Coordinate the distribution of promotional material locally, regionally, and statewide
- Recruit event sponsors
- Work with Marketing & Communications Coordinator to determine co-op advertising opportunities. Recruit advertisers for print and web-based publications.
- Recruit Visitor Center poster and rack card advertisers and maintain database of current advertisers
- Office Management
- Answer telephone as an ambassador of the BDA
- Manage mail and telephone correspondence as well as walk-in inquiries; trouble-shoot office equipment and other office related problems
- Maintain Constant Contact database
- Work in collaboration to communicate with and support the Visitor Center
- Other Duties as Assigned.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to meet and deal with the public in an effective, diplomatic, and courteous manner
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong direct marketing/sales skills
- Ability to work independently
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications (e.g., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and email management capabilities, including Constant Contact
- Extensive experience with Internet, including online social networking/marketing (e.g., Facebook)
- Website maintenance of membership database
- Planning and managing events and projects
- Must be enthusiastic and physically capable to perform essential functions, as required
Preferred knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Familiarity with issues relating to downtown business and property owners, public agencies, and community organizations
- Experience with Downtown Brunswick and Main Street program
- Volunteer recruitment and management
Education and Experience:
Two or Four Year degree preferred or equivalent business experience in event management, customer service and public relations.
Work Hours, Reporting and Salary:
This is a part-time hourly position. Some weekend and evening work required.
Direct supervision will be by the Executive Director.
Salary is commensurate based on skills and experience.
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications: May 13, 2016.