14 Businesses are participating in Brunswick Downtown Association’s Window Decorating Contest:
- Lemongrass Vietnamese Restaurant
- Pura Vida Day Spa
- Cool As A Moose
- Petit Jeté Dance Boutique
- Hatch on Maine
- Portland Pie Co.
- FIORE Artisan Olive Oils & Vinegars
- Berrie’s Hearing & Optical Center
- Maine Street Sweets
- Timeless Cottage
- The Mix
- Norway Savings Bank
- Fleet Feet – Maine Running
- Wilbur’s of Maine Chocolate Confections
The Brunswick Downtown Association is inviting Downtown Brunswick businesses to decorate their windows with colorful lights, scenery, and a variety of decorative elements. This year our theme is “Children’s Literature.” Partner with the BDA to help to make our community a festive holiday destination!
Registration is open from November 14 through 21. Register online here.
Judging takes place on December 5th & 6th. Winners will be announced on Friday, December 7th.
Suggested Children’s Literature titles include:
- A Charlie Brown Christmas by Charles M. Schulz
- A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
- The Elves and the Shoemaker by the Grimm Brothers
- The Gift of the Magi by 0. Henry
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss
- The Little Drummer Boy (many versions)
- The Little Fir Tree by Hans Christian Andersen
- The Night before Christmas by Clement C. Moore
- The Nutcracker and the Mouse King by E.T.A. Hoffman
- The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg
- Red and Lulu by Matt Tavares (Maine author and illustrator)
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer by Robert L. May
- The Snowman by Raymond Briggs (a much loved winter book)
- A Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats (another winter book)
- The Tailor of Gloucester by Beatrix Potter
- The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams
- *These are only suggestions. Please feel free to use a personal favorite.
*These are suggestions, participating businesses should feel free to use a personal favorite.