4:00 pm - 5:15 pm
St Paul’s Episcopal Church
27 Pleasant Street
This spring, Sweetest in the Gale, under the direction of Maria Belva, present Simple Gifts, a choral concert celebrating the quiet bounty found in the small circles of everyday life.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Simple Gifts uses the power of the voice to cultivate hope, give thanks for blessings, and share joy. We sing together of the loveliness of children’s faces and the scent of pine trees; we sing about the hopeful morning sky; we sing of love, and of friendship; and we give thanks for the gift of music.
Our program includes music by composers Christine Donkin, Elaine Hagenberg, Gwyneth Walker, Alice Parker, Sarah Quartel, Carole King, Dolly Parton, and more. Featured performers include Elizabeth Hasbrouck, piano; John Ott, cello; Melody Hasbrouck, recorder; Brian Shankar Adler, percussion; and Sarah Agnes Tuttle, soprano.
TICKETS – www.eventbrite.com/e/310796730387
- Adults: $20 in advance, $25 at the door
- Students: $10 in advance, $12.50 at the door
We encourage you to purchase tickets in advance. Online ticket sales end 12 hours before the concert begins. Door tickets will be sold until venue capacity is reached.
COVID PROTOCOLS – subject to change in response to local conditions at time of event
- Masks are required for all staff, volunteers, and audience members above the age of 2 years old.
- All attendees above the age of 5 will be required to provide either proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 (14 days past the final vaccination shot); proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test from an authorized provider within 72 hours prior to the event start time; or proof of a negative rapid test from an authorized provider within 12 hours prior to the event start time. At home test results will not be accepted.
- Proof of vaccination can be your physical vaccine card or a photo of this document. Proof of negative test results can also be physical or digital.
- All attendees, whether presenting proof of COVID-19 vaccination or of a negative test, must also present a matching valid state or federal ID. Children without such ID must be accompanied by an adult.
ABOUT SWEETEST IN THE GALE
Sweetest in the Gale (SinG), the Oratorio Chorale’s women’s chorus, takes its name from a poem by Emily Dickinson, “Hope Is the Thing with Feathers.” Founded in 2015, “SinG” is an auditioned ensemble of 25–30 singers directed by Maria Belva that explores the robust repertoire of choral works for women’s voices with a focus on technique, musicianship skills, and building community.
For a full list of Classical Uprising’s upcoming events, visit https://www.classicaluprising.org/upcoming-events