09/28/16 - 10/26/16
12:00 pm - 2:30 pm
University College Bath Brunswick, Orion Hall Room 101
12 Sewall St.
Brunswick, ME 04011
Starting Wednesday, September 28, New Ventures Maine will offer Career Planning, a free five-week class to help you prepare for your next career with a plan that’s right for you.
In the Career Planning class, you will review your skills, interests, and experiences and relate them to occupations. You will identify educational opportunities, research the local job market, and develop a step-by-step plan to achieve your goals.
The Career Planning class is open to individuals and couples of all ages and incomes. Anyone is welcome who is interested in building your career and finding the job that is right for you. Whether you are unemployed, underemployed, or considering a career change, this class will help you achieve career success.
The class will be held on Wednesdays from 12:00-2:30 PM, meeting for five sessions from September 28 through October 26. Classes take place in Orion Hall at the University College of Bath/Brunswick at 12 Sewall Street in Brunswick Landing.
Pre-registration is required, and there is no fee for the training. For more information or to register, contact Erica Quin-Easter at New Ventures Maine at 386-1664, email email@example.com, or register online at http://newventuresmaine.org/schedules/career-planning-21/.
Erica Quin-Easter, trainer for the class, says, “When you feel stuck at work, it’s hard to take the time to think about what you really want and need from your career. This class helps you explore your options, connect with resources, and create a better future with a strong career plan.”
Participants in previous career planning classes with New Ventures Maine say:
- This class made me accountable on action steps to pursue a new job.
- The group dynamic was great, lots of participation. It was a great sharing tool.
- The class was so great! I went home each week feeling energized and hopeful.
- I benefited from the supportive environment, encouragement from classmates, tools and job search sites, and goal setting.
- The class instructor seemed to go out of her way to get great guest speakers, answer all questions, or get back to us if it was something she did not have on hand. We were given so many resources, and I intend to use them.
- I do not feel so alone and confused about my job search and interests. I have hope for the future and that I can do it.
The five-week course will connect class participants with guest speakers from area businesses as well as community resources to support further education and training. 2016 graduates of Career Planning are eligible to apply for the University of Maine at Augusta GEN Scholarship, to be used at any UMA location.
Formerly known as Maine Centers for Women, Work, and Community, New Ventures Maine helps Maine people find success in their jobs, businesses and communities through tuition-free classes and workshops, on-site and online, and one-on-one coaching in four program areas: Build a Career, Start a Business, Manage your Money, Become a Leader. New Ventures Maine is administered by the University of Maine at Augusta and operates out of 10 offices statewide. For more information and to find classes around the state, see newventuresmaine.org or call 386-1664 (Brunswick), 593-7942 (Rockland), or 1-800-442-2092 (statewide).