The Brunswick Downtown Association cares about our members and the entire community. While we urge you to stay informed and take any necessary precautions, we are still Open For Business. Together we can get through this crisis by supporting each other.
Visit our Business Updates: Pick-Up, Take-Out Offerings & Closures page for current business information.
How to Protect Yourself
The Maine CDC encourages Maine people to protect themselves by taking everyday preventive measures such as:
- Covering coughs and sneezes with a tissue and then throwing the tissue in the trash.
- Washing your hands often with soap and water
- Using an alcohol-based sanitizer in between washings.
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Staying home if you are sick.
- Taking care of your health overall by staying current on your vaccinations, including the flu vaccine, eating well, getting a good night’s sleep, and exercising.
Information for Employers
To protect the health and safety of your staff while ensuring the day-to-day operations, employers should be ready to implement a workforce plan during a COVID-19 outbreak.
During a COVID-19 outbreak employers should consider doing the following:
- Actively encourage sick employees to stay home
- Emphasize respiratory etiquette and hand hygiene to all employees
- Perform routine cleaning on frequently touched surfaces in the workplace
- Advise employees to take certain steps before travel
- Check the CDC’s Traveler’s Health Notices
- Advise employees to check themselves for symptoms before traveling
- Encourage employees to notify their supervisor if they are sick or become sick while traveling
- Inform staff of possible exposure in the workplace, but maintain confidentiality, if an employee is confirmed to have COVID-19