The BDA seeks a dynamic, motivated Executive Director (ED) to lead the organization’s work promoting Brunswick and building a thriving community.
The Brunswick Downtown Association (BDA) is a nonprofit organization that promotes and supports Brunswick’s economic, social, and creative vitality through community-driven projects and programs. Our current organization has three part-time employees that operate the Brunswick Visitor Center and three full-time employees who work in the office, connect the community, and help produce several events per year that highlight Brunswick.
Mission Statement: To promote Downtown Brunswick as a vibrant and attractive place to live, work, play and do business.
The ED reports to the BDA’s board of directors, and is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the daily activities and operations of the BDA, including involvement in the Maine and National Main Street Programs, and within the scope of priorities set by the board. The ED represents the BDA on a local and national level and is expected to develop strong working partnerships with community organizations, businesses, property owners, government, and other community members. The ED is the face of the BDA. The ED works with the board of directors and staff to ensure consistent recruitment and coordination of volunteers, production of successful events and fundraising activities, and oversees financial, operational, and developmental activities. The ED handles overseeing the day-to-day operations and manages employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The BDA board seeks a self-reliant and motivated leader, able to work independently while proactively building positive working relationships with a variety of community members. The ideal candidate will be passionate about the mission of the BDA and have experience managing a successful community development and/or economic development initiative or similar nonprofit experience. Work hours are generally weekdays, Monday – Friday, with nights and weekends required for activities and events.
- Required to travel to events throughout the state and attend the annual National Main Street conference, and frequently works in the field visiting business owners and other community members.
- Develops and maintains administrative systems to keep the board updated on project details, partnerships, and organizational administration.
- Advocates for funding on behalf of the BDA and oversees the BDA’s annual operating budget along with sponsorships, grants, and fundraising monies.
- Oversees the Town of Brunswick’s national designation as an Accredited National Main Street Program
- Meet the requirements in the annual Letter of Agreement with the Maine Downtown Center (State Coordinator for the National Main Street Center) including submitting reinvestment statistics and attendance at trainings and conferences.
- 3+ years of experience managing nonprofit, economic or community development initiatives.
- Strong financial acumen with experience managing organizational financial books and executing financial operations.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, with proven ability to meet important deadlines.
- Ability to build and foster relationships.
- Ability to coordinate and manage employee and volunteer work.
- Experience grant writing, soliciting sponsorships, and fundraising through event planning.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office/ Google Suite applications, social media, website content management, and ability to troubleshoot basic IT issues.
- Excellent communication skills across all mediums and comfort with public speaking to a wide range of audiences.
POSITION TERM: Full-time, Salaried-Exempt.
SALARY RANGE & BENEFITS: $67,000- $77,000; Monthly Benefit Stipend, Paid Time Off, Flexible work hours, Bonus eligible.
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The job posting and/or related job description does not form an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.