Traffic Alert: Construction Continues:
The anticipated schedule for the period of June 14th, to June 21st is as follows:
- Mill Street will be closed from the Route 1 to Maine Street on Monday and possibly Tuesday for sewer manhole installations.
- Union Street will continue to be closed in sections from Mill Street to the Municipal Lot during this period.
- There will continue to be periodic lane closures on Pleasant Street.
- Road base excavation and replacement will continue for the next couple of weeks and the contractor anticipates base pavement to be installed the week of July 2nd.
- Union Street will be closed in various locations during work hours and will reopen to limited local access outside of work hours (generally work hours will be 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., M-F). No parking in the closed area will be allowed at any time during the estimated two week work period for this section.
- Emergency Contacts for any work site issues:
- Union Street businesses remain open while the construction is on-going and customers are advised to park on side streets and use the public sidewalks to get to each business. Please continue to support local businesses while this work is on-going. Stay tuned for more updates as the work progresses or call BPWD FMI at 725-6654.
If you know anyone who would like to receive traffic alert emails from Brunswick Public Works for this project,) please have them send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating they wish to get email updates on the Union Street construction work.