Traffic Alert: Construction Continues: The town’s utility contractor, Crooker Construction, LLC will continue with storm drain pipe installation efforts on Union Street. The anticipated schedule for the period of April 12th, to April 19th is as follows:
- Union Street will be closed from Lincoln Street to Cumberland Street until early to mid-week for sanitary sewer installations.
- Once the sanitary sewer is complete in that area the contractor will move back to the Mill Street end of Union Street and excavation will continue throughout the week replacing the existing storm drain piping and structures along the west side of Union Street.
- Union Street will be closed to traffic from Mill Street to Lincoln Street during work hours and will reopen to limited local access outside of work hours (generally work hours will be 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., M-F). No parking in the closed area will be allowed at any time during the estimated two week work period for this section.
- When Union Street work is taking in this location, Gilman Avenue will be closed to thru traffic and only local traffic will be permitted to enter and exit Gilman Avenue from Maine Street with flaggers on site to direct traffic in and out of the street. Gilman Avenue will reopen to traffic when work ends daily on Union Street. Union St and Gilman Ave will be open to traffic on the weekend.
- Lincoln Street will remain open to two lane traffic when possible.
- Emergency Contacts for any work site issues:
- Union Street businesses remain open while the construction is on-going and customers are advised to park on side streets and use the public sidewalks to get to each business. Please continue to support local businesses while this work is on-going. Stay tuned for more updates as the work progresses or call BPWD FMI at 725-6654.
If you know anyone who would like to receive traffic alert emails from Brunswick Public Works for this project,) please have them send an email to email@example.com indicating they wish to get email updates on the Union Street construction work.