5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
New Ventures Maine @ University College Bath/Brunswick
12 Sewall Street, Orion Hall
Brunswick, ME 04011
Starting Monday, September 11, New Ventures Maine will offer My Money Works, a free five-week class to help you gain the skills and confidence to stretch your money, pay your bills, reduce your debt, find money for savings, plan for retirement, and set personal financial goals.
Register today, as space is limited to 15 people to ensure a small-group experience:
The class will be held on Mondays from 5:30-8:00 PM, meeting for four sessions from September 11 through October 2. Classes take place in Orion Hall at the University College of Bath/Brunswick at 12 Sewall Street in Brunswick Landing.
Pre-registration is required, and there is no fee for the training. For more information or to register, contact Erica Quin-Easter at New Ventures Maine at 386-1664, email email@example.com, or register online at newventuresmaine.org/schedules/my-money-works-70.
My Money Works is open to individuals, couples, and people of all ages and incomes. Anyone who is interested in gaining greater control over your money is welcome.
Erica Quin-Easter, trainer for the class, says, “This course helps you take control over your money, instead of your money controlling you. Whether you are trying to make ends meet now or planning for your long-term goals, you will leave this class with a plan to achieve greater financial stability.”
Participants in recent classes say about My Money Works:
- I have a much better grasp on the things that are important to think about and keep track of and plan for my money. After the last class, I opened three new savings accounts so that I can reach my goals of being more stable throughout the year (short term savings), have an emergency fund (long term), and save for paying my school bills.
- I feel like I have the tools I need now to be more financially responsible. I plan on refreshing my budget and sticking to it. I also plan on starting an emergency fund.
- Thanks to this training, I will be able to repair my credit and move forward to improving my financial health.
- Everything taught in this class was all new to me, and yet it’s all important information that I need to know in life and will be able to pass onto my spouse and kids.
- The “real life” way everything was presented in the class made a difference. It made it easy to relate.
- The group was supportive and respectful, easy to talk to. It was a great class with a wealth of information.
- Taking the class has made me more positive about my financial future.
Successful completion of the My Money Works class also meets one of the requirements for the Rainy Day Savings program, a matched-savings program that enables eligible individuals and families to double their savings with a matching grant of up to $300 for emergency expenses, as well as requirements for the Family Development Account program, a matched-savings program to save for business development, your college education, first-time home ownership, car purchase or repair, home repair, or emergency savings.
New Ventures Maine helps Maine people find success in their jobs, businesses and communities through tuition-free classes and workshops, on-site and online, and one-on-one coaching in four program areas: Build a Career, Start a Business, Manage your Money, Become a Leader. New Ventures Maine is administered by the University of Maine at Augusta and operates out of 10 offices statewide. For more information and to find classes around the state, see newventuresmaine.org or call 1-800-442-2092.