5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
New Ventures Maine @ University College Bath/Brunswick
12 Sewall Street, Orion Hall
Brunswick, ME 04011
Starting Monday, October 16, New Ventures Maine will offer My Next Career Move, a free month-long class to help you take charge of your career and create an action plan to achieve success.
In the My Next Career Move class, you will learn how your current skills connect to future careers, identify high-growth job fields, explore education and training options, and strengthen your resume for a targeted job search.
The My Next Career Move class is open to people of all ages and incomes. Anyone is welcome who is interested in building your career and finding the job that is right for you. Whether you are unemployed, underemployed, or considering a career change, this class will help you achieve career success.
The Brunswick class will be held on Mondays from 5:30 – 8:00 PM, meeting from October 16 through November 13 at the University College Bath/Brunswick campus at Brunswick Landing.
Pre-registration is required, and there is no fee for the trainings. For more information or to register, contact Erica Quin-Easter at New Ventures Maine at 386-1664, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or register online at newventuresmaine.org/schedules/next-career-move/.
Erica Quin-Easter, trainer for the class, says, “When you feel stuck in a dead-end job or frustrated with a fruitless job search, it’s hard to stay positive and take steps towards a better future. This class helps you explore your options, connect with resources, and put your best foot forward to get the job that’s right for you.”
Participants in previous career planning classes with New Ventures Maine say:
- This class made me accountable on action steps to pursue a new job. I went home each week feeling energized and hopeful.
- Thanks to the class, I have a far greater idea how to proceed and succeed in finding and obtaining the career I want.
- The blend of approaches was helpful: handouts, PowerPoint, white board, conversation, and special guest speakers.
- The workbook, combined with classroom instruction, relevant homework, and classmate camaraderie, kept me on task in devoting more time into proactively thinking about my career, instead of reacting to whatever is available.
- I benefited from the supportive environment, encouragement from classmates, tools and job search sites, and goal setting.
- The class used real world examples, meeting the group members where they were and respecting that no matter what.
- I do not feel so alone and confused about my job search and interests. I have hope for the future and that I can do it.
- I incorporated my lessons from the class into my job interview – and got the job!
The month-long My Next Career Move course will connect class participants with guest speakers from various sectors as well as community resources to support further education and training. Graduates of My Next Career Move are eligible to apply for the University of Maine at Augusta GEN Scholarship, to be used at any UMA location.
For people whose schedule or location makes an in-person class difficult or who would prefer to take the course from the convenience of their own computer, New Ventures Maine also offers an online option. The online cohort of My Next Career Move begins October 11, and the registration deadline for the online class is Friday, October 6. To register for the online class, visit: newventuresmaine.org/schedules/next-career-move-2/
New Ventures Maine helps Maine people find success in their jobs, businesses and communities through tuition-free classes and workshops, on-site and online, and one-on-one coaching in four program areas: Build a Career, Start a Business, Manage your Money, Become a Leader. New Ventures Maine is administered by the University of Maine at Augusta and operates out of 10 offices statewide.
For more information and to find classes around the state, see newventuresmaine.org or call 386-1664 (Brunswick), 593-7942 (Rockland), or 1-800-442-2092 (statewide). New Ventures Maine’s Midcoast Region covers Brunswick to Belfast, and travel assistance may be available to help you attend trainings and access services.